Monday 28 February 2011

Dell Inspiron Duo

HP came out with it first; a touch screen laptop with a rotating screen. Suddenly your laptop becomes an iPad. The idea floated around a few of the main manufacturers and then Dell came up with a brilliant idea; what it we made a touch screen netbook but instead of having a hinge that rotates the whole top of the netbook, we add a rotating mechanism to 'flip' the screen only! Umm... really?

Check the link yourself. Does it look like it's going to break within minutes of use? Doesn't it just feel like they've tried to go one better than everyone else. There's being innovative and then there's this.

My personal opinion is that it just doesn't look usable. What happens when the rotating brackets holding the screen get loose and it begins to wobble when you have it upright? How long and how much would it take to snap the brackets? And at the end of the day they've gone and done it with a netbook. Whilst I have nothing against netbooks, they're hardly swamping the home user (or business) market.

Maybe I'm wrong about them. I haven't used one, this is the first I've heard of it. So I'm just going on looks and the little information on Dell's website. Only time will tell I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment