Saturday 2 April 2011

Reso - Resolution Changer

I recently discovered this excellent free little app that can automatically change screen resolutions for you. It can even create shortcuts for any program so that you can launch an application at a set resolution. Whilst I'm sure this is of limited appeal to most people, on this particular occasion I found this program to be a life saver.

My problem was that I was installing a piece of educational software in a school, that was written some years back when 800 x 600 resolution was the norm. I was trying to install it on Acer One netbooks for the pupils in the school to use but it just wouldn't run because the netbooks were 1024 widescreen resolution that was non-standard.

After much searching and nearly giving up I came across this gem of a program and it has solved the problem entirely. I was previously using Display Changer but for some reason this wouldn't work under Windows 7. I'm so glad I discovered Reso as it works perfectly!

If this is something that might be of use to you, you can download it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment