Friday 21 March 2014

Outlook 2010 cannot verify licence

I was reimaging a faulty computer today with a working Ghost image I had made some time back when I encountered an error opening Word. Every time I tried to open any of the Microsoft Office 2010 applications I got this error message:

"Microsoft Office cannot verify the license for this product. You should repair the Office program by using Control Panel."

After a bit of searching I discovered the answer was quite a simple one. The problem was that I had created the image some time back and the activation grace period had expired. In order to get Office to activate properly I needed to rearm the activation period.

To do this you need to open a command prompt with elevated administrator rights and type in the following command:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\OfficeSoftwareProtectionPlatform\ospprearm.exe

This resets the 30 day grace period and you are once again able to open and activate Microsoft Office.

No comments:

Post a Comment